[Full-Disclosure] MS02-065 vulnerability

From: Paul Szabo (pszat_private)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 02:36:50 PST

    Microsoft security bulletin
      http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms02-065.asp
    contains the caveat "a patched system could be made vulnerable again [by]
    visit a web site or open an HTML mail". We have a execute-any-code
    vulnerability, exploitable by a Web page or email; the patch can be undone
    by a Web page or email. Just as exploitable after the patch.

    Is this what Microsoft calls "responsible disclosure"?

    Cheers,

    Paul Szabo - pszat_private  http://www.maths.usyd.edu.au:8000/u/psz/
    School of Mathematics and Statistics  University of Sydney   2006  Australia

    PS: The above applies to IE only; I know that the patch is needed also for
    IIS and maybe others. Do not let details get in the way of a good story.
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html