AIM Bug

From: Dave B. (bzerobat_private)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 18:15:53 PST

    Major AIM Bug Courtesy Of Infested Nexus --- AIM: Infested Nexus. I have =
    uncovered a bug in America Online's AIM service, which can allow a =
    normal user to be able to transfer any file onto another users computer =
    without consent. This works using the 'get file' feature. If a user has =
    the option to allow others to get files without a prompt this hack can =
    be executed. After downloading the USERX.lst file - end the file =
    connection. Then name any file you wish to send and rename it USERX.lst =
    and use the "send file" feature. The file will immediately begin =
    transferring without asking for authentication on USERX's computer - =
    though they will see the download box. I have tested this on a number of =
    people who were away from their computer and it has worked. Tested on =
    AIM 5.0.2938. If you go further with this exploit please give credit to =
    Infested Nexus. ---- Infested Nexus AIM: Infested Nexus

    Be well!
    ~Dave