Missing admin sql password in Okena StormWatch

From: Marc Ruef (marc.ruefat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 23:06:19 PST

    Hi!

    I was working with Okena StormWatch[1] - a really interesting commercial
    intrusion prevention product - and saw that there is the SQL password
    for the admin account (sa) missing.

    With a SQL client and a blank password it's possible for everyone who
    can connect to the manager to compromise the whole system/network.

    My notification was sent on Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:21:01 +0100 to
    infoat_private - Nothing came back.

    Thanks to Mario Robic for helping discovering this problem.

    Bye, Marc

    [1] http://www.okena.com

    --
    Computer, Technik und Security