RE: Directory traversal vulnerabilities in several archivers processing .tar

From: Andrew Kopp (drewkat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 21:18:43 PST

    I don't really think this falls into vulnerability because most software
    will prompt you before it overwrites any file by default. And if anyone
    would actually allow their own SSHd binary to be over written deserves
    to be hacked.

    And to those who extract an un-trusted archive and set the "don't prompt
    me" flag, you really need a lesson in 'basic' (very obvious too!)
    security practices.

    No pun intended.

    Regards,

    drewk~

      Directory traversal vulnerabilities in several
    archivers processing .tar
     files

    [ email... blah blah blah blah ]