real one player /intel signal processing library/ windows xp

From: simon59at_private
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 20:47:00 PST

    I wonder if others have seen this beahaviour :

    After installing a realone player on a windowsXP system, I experienced
    anomalous behaviour of the (German Windows XP) system - icons in control
    panel
    had no effect - network and scheduled tasks

    I saw a collection of 4 files In the folder SYSTEM32 which made me
    supsicious!

    The creation date of these files was in the middle of the REAL PLAYER
    installation.

    One file was cpuinf.???
    Two others were purportedly by Intel but two of them are in russian
    language: nsppx.dll version 4,1,0,2 (4,1,0,51) and nsp.dll  version 4,1,0,2
    (4,1,0,51) which should belong to the intel signal processing library. The other file
    appeared to be some form of audio codec.

    I did not find these files on other windows2000 or windows XP systems with
    realone player.

    Realnetworks who were contacted say the files do not belong to the player.
    Intel support sent me to the system vendor - although these files  belong to
    software and are found as part of an "Intel Signal Processing Library" and
    were not on the system originally.

    Recovery of the system (windowsXP restore functionality) to a date prior to
    the installation of RealOne player solved the anomalous behaviour and
    apparently deleted the files in system32.
    Reinstall of Realone player form a different download did not create these
    files.

    Were these files legitimate?
    Was the russian language of the files on a German WindowsXP to blame?