[Full-Disclosure] Re: MS SQL WORM IS DESTROYING INTERNET BLOCK PORT 1434!

From: Rick Kelly (rmkat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 15:31:05 PST

    Richard M. Smith said:

    >   Bank of America ATMs Disrupted by Virus
    >
    >http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=578&e=3&cid=569&u=/nm/2
    >0030125/tc_nm/tech_virus_dc
    >
    >   "SEATTLE (Reuters) - Bank of America Corp. said on
    >   Saturday that customers at a majority of its 13,000
    >   automatic teller machines were unable to process
    >   customer transactions after a malicious computer worm
    >   nearly froze Internet traffic worldwide."

    Reason number 1001 for not using Microsoft software for anything other
    than playing Quake on non-network attached machines.

    I still see infected Windoze servers trying to pass NIMDA and Code Red to
    my UNIX/Apache webserver...

    --
    Rick Kelly  rmkat_private  www.rmkhome.com
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.