Re: [Full-Disclosure] RE: MS SQL WORM IS DESTROYING INTERNET BLOCK PORT 1434!

From: Benjamin Krueger (benjaminat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 18:05:59 PST

    * Jason Coombs (jasoncat_private) [030125 16:49]:
    > Bank of America should never have allowed their ATM network to rely on
    > routes that could be impacted by non-ATM network computer systems.
    >
    > That Sapphire might have had this effect makes the sensibility behind
    > writing and releasing it even more apparent, if this was in fact defensive
    > work of a government agency as my speculation suggested.
    >
    > Jason Coombs
    > jasoncat_private

    It's a little early to be assuming that the ATMs were gummed up by
    network route congestion, isn't it? I find it entirely possible that
    their datacenter where the transactions are processed was the real
    scene of the outage, and not the individual ATMs or their routes.

    --
    Benjamin Krueger
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.