RE: [Full-Disclosure] RE: MS SQL WORM IS DESTROYING INTERNET BLOCK PORT 1434!

From: Schmehl, Paul L (paulsat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 21:52:44 PST

    Cyberterrorism????  Getting a bit hyped up, aren't we?  It's just
    another stupid worm.

    And blaming admins for not patching there boxes is bull.  You ever been
    to a university?  I defy you to even know where all the vulnerable boxes
    are, much less get the "owners" to patch them.  And tomorrow there will
    be more - because Microsoft has convinced the world that it's easy to
    run a box to do whatever it is you need to do, without knowing the first
    damn thing about security.

    Put the blame where it belongs - vendors who put out crap for software
    and jerks who take advantage of that.

    Until you've walked a mile in the shoes of the admins having to deal
    with this, keep your smug self-righteous indignation to yourselves.

    Paul Schmehl (paulsat_private)
    Adjunct Information Security Officer
    The University of Texas at Dallas
    http://www.utdallas.edu/~pauls/