RE: [Full-Disclosure] RE: MS SQL WORM IS DESTROYING INTERNET BLOCK PORT 1434!

From: Curt Purdy (purdyat_private)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 08:28:54 PST

    One of the things we are overlooking here is that the problem with banking
    sites is not that transactions are going over the Internet through vpn
    connections that are not going to be compromised. When was the last time you
    heard of a credit card being stolen over an ssl connection (or an http
    connection for that matter when you can get thousands from a SQL database?)
    The problem lies in the triviality of hijacking sessions on half the banking
    sites in America today.

    Curt Purdy CISSP, MCSE+I, CNE, CCDA
    Senior Systems Engineer
    Information Security Engineer
    DP Solutions
    cpurdyat_private
    936.637.7977 ext. 121

    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
    What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke