Re: Epic Games threatens to sue security researchers

From: daveat_private
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 13:36:19 PST

    As a side note, the trojaned map vulnerability has been known to many
    people in the security industry for over a year, since certain members of
    us are avid UT players, and it came under some intense review. (After
    finding the Powerpoint 2000 vulnerability, which is very similar, I did a
    quick sweep of other interesting programs.)

    In fact, back in the day, I'd almost succeeded in getting a server to send
    out the modified map file and automatically exploit connecting clients.

    Dave Aitel
    Immunity, Inc.