Sendmail exploit released???

From: Kryptik Logik (kryptiklogikat_private)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 11:47:07 PST

    Folks:

    Refer to this article in ComputerWorld
    http://www.computerworld.com/securitytopics/security/holes/story/0,10801,79
    021,00.html about some Russian Hacker site releasing Sendmail exploit
    code. Is it any different than the LSD exploit code or is is a "security-
    guru-security-know-all" reporters mistake?!

    The reason this caught my attention is that they say that the exploit has
    been tested only on Slackware Linux 8.0 dist just like LSD advisory says

    This article claims that the Russian hackers wrote it and released it on
    the web first... which kinda irks me off :(

    <quote from the article>
    ... "self-proclaimed security experts located in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia,
    actually produced the exploit and posted it on the Web"
    <unquote>

    Can anybody confirm/deny this?

    # klogik