Re: QPopper 4.0.x buffer overflow vulnerability

From: Randall Gellens (rg_public.1at_private)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 19:05:51 PST

    The first I heard of the problem was this morning.  Was any notice
    sent to qpopper-bugsat_private or qpopper-patchesat_private in
    advance of the posting here?  If so, please let me know the details
    so I can see what happened to the message.  If not, I'd like to know
    why.

    A fixed Qpopper (version 4.0.5fc2) is available now at
    <ftp://ftp.qualcomm.com/eudora/servers/unix/popper/beta/>.  I plan on
    releasing 4.0.5 final tomorrow unless I hear of any problems with
    4.0.5fc2.

    --
    Randall Gellens
    rg_public.1at_private