BEA WebLogic internal hostname disclosure

From: Michael Hendrickx (michaelat_private)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 01:27:10 PST

    Hi,

    During a penentration test, I discovered that the BEA Weblogic Server
    reveals it hostname (on windows machines NetBIOS name) while sending the
    following request:

    GET . HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n

    On older systems (Weblogic 7.0), a simple "BLAH . BLAH\r\n\r\n" will do
    the same trick.  BEA was contacted about two weeks ago, but I haven't
    heard from them (yet).

    Regards,
    Michael

    --