Re: bitchx sources backdoored on distribution site

From: Neeko Oni (neekoat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 13:03:21 PDT

    From ftp.bitchx.org (msg in /pub):

                  * * * * * *  A T T E N T I O N  * * * * * *

     Over the weekend of April 12th and 13th someone once again was releasing
     back doored code for BitchX on a false ftp site that was linked from the
     official BitchX Website.  We stress to everyone to please take notice of
     information that we post on http://faq.bitchx.org to help prevent these
     problems from causing you to download falsified source code for BitchX.

    --

    So it's entirely possible the source you downloaded was backdoored;  It
    would have been nicer had you included the site you downloaded from.

    .Neeko Oni

    (Hey Bugtraq mod, wake up.)