SonicWall Pro DoS?

From: Greg Smith (gsmithat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 16:04:13 PDT

    Came across an apparent problem on a SonicWall Pro running firmware
    version 6.4.0.1 ROM version 5.0.1.0 during a vulnerability assessment and
    couldn't find any other postings on this problem so fwiw.. the problem
    occurs when sending a large HTTP POST to the inside interface - may affect
    others just didn't test as the outside interface was blocked.  I was able
    to confirm this problem using two separate Nessus plugins (10012 and
    10687). The behavior of the firewall suggests a buffer overflow but since
    I'm not familiar with the internals of this system it's just a guess. 15-
    20 seconds after sending the POST to the firewall the firewall goes
    through a reset cycle. This delay suggests to me a section of code that is
    being overwritten. At the very least, this is a Denial of Service problem.
    Vendor was notified of the problem.