Vulneralbility in aplication Billing Explorer

From: XNUXER RESEARCH (xnuxerat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 10:02:49 PDT

    XNUXER RESEARCH SECURITY REPORT:
    Aplication Name: Billing Explorer
    Vendor Site    : http://www.billingexplorer.com
    Vendor Email   : info_008at_private
    Security       : High Risk
    Vulnerable     : String command and Client Handle
    without check control and without Encryption.
    Version        : All versions.
    Description    :

    Billing Explorer is aplication which created on visual
    basic. It's used to calculate duration
    internet time using. I found that aplication isn't
    encrypt the data when send to client and
    It also not check what the client is login or not so
    we can send spoofing packet to Billing
    Explorer and act as server or other client.

    Impact         :
    - Posible to shutdown, restart and logoff client from
    other client without login.
    - Send message to client as server.
    - Spying client with remote client fasility from other
    client.
    - Zeroning duration time without relogin or stoping.
    - Possible to hijacking password admin client and
    password exit client. :P

    Found by     : SCHIZOPRENIC
    Location     : Indonesia
    Site         : http://infosekuriti.com (donation by
    fans)

    Exploitation :
    In example if you want nulling duration time, firstly
    you must connect to billing server
    (default configuration on billing use port: 1500) and
    send packet data to server with sintaks:

             XXX$con$<client number>$<username>

    The server would respon and send back data like this:

             YYY$con$13:19:22$adminclientpass$12:00:00 AM

    if you send again like the first packet to billing. It
    will recalculate duration time begin to
    null. The Billing stupid too, we can send with
    multiple connection and actions as same client
    with same login without restricted.

    To shutdown other client you can send the packet data
    with sintaks: YYY$shut$<num client>$5
    Another command sintaks owned by me and programmer of
    billing explorer (LoL) :D and not
    publishied here.

    Response:
    Vendor contacted without response yet.