Asus AAM6000EV ADSL Router Wide Open

From: cw (securityat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 11:45:38 PDT

    Asus have been notified but haven't even acknowledged yet alone mentioned a fix.

    If the inbuilt webserver is activated, anyone on the local network can get the full user/pass list from the router without any identification whatsoever by going to the ip address of the router and appending /userdata
    Example, say the ip address is 192.168.0.1, go to:

    http://192.168.0.1/userdata

    This will output the contents of the userdata file which contains completely unencrypted usernames and passwords. There are plenty of other files that can be access with this trick, I haven't looked at the content of them so I don't know what else you can do.

    This security flaw arises because the webserver on the router is mapped to index.html which provides a link to /secure/Home.htm

    You are not prompted for a password until you attempt to access files under /secure

    Telnet to the router, enter the user mode console and then type "flashfs"

    Type ls to see all configuration files accessible through this flaw.