Re: Invision Board spoof and defacement

From: mattat_private
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 12:31:19 PDT

    You've got to be kidding me?

    >The vendor hasn't been notified because of their
    >handling of previous vulnerabilties I found in Invision
    >Board

    I am extremely responsible with regards to security and in most
    cases I've had a fix ready and available within 30 minutes of
    receiving note of a vulnerability.

    I take a dim view of posting exact details of vulnerabilities before
    people have a chance to patch their board and I take a dim view of
    needlessly alarming people with almost trivial matters, such as
    this.

    If you find a vulnerability in a program and you post details of
    how to exploit it without notifying the vendor then that is very
    irresponsible indeed.