ALERT - Fraud Nigerian E-mail Scam

From: Jeffrey_Korte/HR/FCNB/Spgla@private
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 09:32:10 PDT

    For your information, this is the second E-mail that I have received within
    1 week.

    Regards,
    Jeffrey B. Korte,
    Information and Physical Security Manager
    FirstConsumers National Bank
    Voice: 503.520.8398
    Fax: 503.520.7941
    Pager: 503.921.3105

    The information contained in this E-mail message may be privileged,
    confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
    recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly
    prohibited.

    ----- Forwarded by Jeffrey Korte/HR/FCNB/Spgla on 06/25/01 09:29 AM -----

                        "Farouk Bako"
                        <fbako15@yaho        To:     <Jeffrey.korte@private>
                        o.com>               cc:
                                             Subject:
                        06/14/01
                        06:55 AM

    Farouk Bako & Co.
    22 Adeyinka Street,
    Victoria Island,
    Lagos ? Nigeria
    Tel: 234 1 7590948
    Fax: 234 1 7590944

    Attn: Managing Director

    Dear Sir,

    CONFIDENTIAL

    My name is Farouk Bako. I am a Solicitor/Notary public, and very active in
    the legal practice in Nigeria. I am also the in-law to the late president,
    General Sani Abacha. Because of his involvement in governance in Nigeria,
    the government of today is after the family. They have claimed all the
    family's wealth and now General Abacha is dead, Mohammed is facing trial in
    Nigeria for allegedly being involved in the torture and death of some
    pro-democracy activists during the rule of his late father. I am making
    this contact on behalf of my sister, Mrs. Miriam Abacha, not minding the
    consequences, but hoping that you would understand our predicament, hence
    the need for your urgent assistance and co-operation.

    My aim of contacting you is to crave your indulgence to assist us in
    securing some funds into your trusted bank account abroad for safekeeping.
    This fund incidentally is part of the family wealth. Fortunately with my
    immediate assistance, and contact, we were able to deposit the money in a
    security vault pending when the whole situation will be calm. However, this
    security company does not have any knowledge of the content of the deposit
    because it is done in the guise that the trunk contains precious stones.
    But owing the great risk we run presently,  due to the new Democratic
    governments initiative to freeze and recover all monies supposedly
    misappropriated by the late President, we wish to relocate this fund in a
    foreigner's name to avoid any trace. Now that we are in a democratic
    government, this is our opportunity to remove the money, and we are willing
    to offer you 15% of the funds after the transaction for your co-operation.
    All I need from you is an assurance that you can handle the amount involved
    comfortably and that I can also trust you with this very arrangement.

    Be rest assured that there is no risk involved since I have taken care of
    everything. I want you to immediately inform me of your willingness in
    assisting and co-operating with us on our Tel/fax number, so that I can
    send to you the full detail of this transaction and let us make arrangement
    for a meeting and discuss at length on how to transfer this funds. Also
    furnish me with your current e-mail address, Tel/fax numbers (private) for
    a personal contact with you.

    Finally, I am trusting on your full understanding of this, hoping that
    there will be absolute confidentiality. I am awaiting with interest your
    response and hoping to develop a good business relationship with you.

    Yours sincerely
    Farouk Bako