Re: Bin Laden use of Internet

From: Scott Elam (Scott.Elam@private)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 19:28:47 PDT

    Don't worry about the internet.  The video of bin Laden that was
    recently broadcast over and over by Al-Jeezera likely contained messages
    for his operatives.  Press releases from the Taliban, couriers slipping
    over the border, small radio transmitters relaying messages over
    borders, etc.

    Some Sat phones can be disabled for certain countries.  The Sat's can
    probably triangulate the location of the phone or something.

    Scott

    --
    Scott.Elam@private               GMT-0700
    Sun Microsystems / Network Security Group / Computer Emergency Response