Re: True or False?

From: Soren.J.Winslow@private
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 12:02:46 PDT

    False .... Check out the following web site

    http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/klingerman_hoax.htm

    Soren

    WebMaster
    Cummins Northwest, Inc.
    www.cumminsnorthwest.com

    HORN Dan E <dan.e.horn@private>
    @/var/spool/majordomo/lists/crime.Cummins.com on 10/15/2001 11:44:10 AM

    Sent by:  owner-crime@/var/spool/majordomo/lists/crime.Cummins.com

    To:   "CRIME (E-mail)" <CRIME@private>
    cc:
    Subject:  True or False?

    Iwas sent the following email and was wondering if  anyone knew if it were
    true or just another hoax?  It sounds fishy to  me:

    Subject: Warning - Do Not Open Blue Envelopes in your U.S.  Mail
    ONCE YOU HAVE READ THIS PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL YOU KNOW.

    This is from Schwab corporate headquarters-so it's no  joke. Very
    scary.

    Be careful.  Just when you thought you were  safe, now we have the
    following
    to deal with...please read, it definitely  is a serious threat to our
    lives
    and health. This is an alert about a  virus in the original sense of
    the
    word...one that affects your body, not  your hard drive.

    There have been 23 confirmed cases of people attacked by  the
    Klingerman
    Virus, a virus that arrives in your real mailbox, not your  e-mail in
    box.
    Someone has been mailing large blue envelopes, seemingly at  random, to
    people inside the US. On the front of the envelope in bold  black
    lettersisprinted, "A gift for you from the Klingerman  Foundation."  When
    the
    envelopes are opened, there is a small sponge  sealed in plastic.  This
    sponge carries what has come to be known as the  Klingerman Virus, as
    public health  officials state this is a strain of virus they have
    notpreviously
    encountered.
    When asked for comment, Florida police Sergeant  Stetson
    said, "We are working  with the CDC and the USPS, but have so far been
    unable
    to track down the origins of these  letters.  The return addresses
    haveall been different, and we are certain a remailing  service is being
    used,
    making our jobs that much more  difficult."

    Those who have come in contact with the Klingerman Virus have  been
    hospitalized with severe dysentery. So far seven of the  twenty-three
    victims have  died.

    There is no legitimate Klingerman Foundation mailing  unsolicited
    gifts.

    If you receive  an oversized blue envelope in the mail marked "A gift from
    the Klingerman foundation". DO NOT open it. Place it in a  strong plastic
    bag or
    container and call the police  immediately.

    PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU CARE  ABOUT.