RE: Is EVERYTHING off-topic? :D was (RE: RIAA wants to hack your PC)

From: George Heuston (georgeh@private)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 09:14:59 PDT

        I've been rather busy of late, and am not able to peruse all posts.
    Many folks on this list are in the same situation.  The posts have not
    particularly bothered me, though some, as is always the case on lists, show
    more lateral than forward movement.  We are in tough and stressfull times.
    It is natural that this list, due to its marvelous diversity of disciplines
    and perspectives, will reflect the stress and concerns we are experiencing.
    I am very proud of all you folks who come to the CRIME/InfraGard meetings,
    and talk on this list.  I believe in and trust the collective moderation of
    this group to maintain the "relevance" and viability of the list.  This is
    the essence of our freedom, and reflects the best of what we are as a
    society.  If this is an irritant, or causes more stress for some, then it
    should be realized that it is a natural and reasonable by-product these
    times.  The only commitment I ask for is more light than heat.  So far, on
    balance, we're doing very well.
        So, Folks:
    Stay if you will,
    Go if you wish--