Re: NIPC Daily Report, 30 October 2001

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 11:32:01 PST

    Ken Emmons wrote:

    >OK, I guess you all don't agree with me and I apologies for being rude.  I
    >find many of this  groups discussions beneficial.  You have to admit that we
    >also receive some that are just taking up space in our inbox and sometimes
    >un-researched hoaxes.  I receive many good slap-stick security emails from
    >co-works.  I will be happy to start sharing them with the Crime Group.

    I have bee urging George to adopt a charter for the mailing list, so
    that we will be able to tell what is and is not topical for the list. In
    the absence of a charter, "off topic" is a matter of opinion, leading to
    this fuss. I even wrote a charter for George's consideration.

    For the record: I believe that the NIPC reports are topical. They suck*
    :-) but they're topical. Most of the subsequent chat on the Oct. 30 NIPC
    is, IMHO, and according to the draft charter I sent George, off-topic,
    including some of my own posts.

    Crispin

    * "suck" being a highly technical term :-) for late, incomplete, and
    innaccurate lightweight news coverage of items topical to CRIME.

    --
    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.