re: FW: strange mail

From: Michael Rauscher (mrauscher@private)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 12:38:54 PST

    This is, without question, a scam. From what I understand, you'll be asked to setup an account, jump through a few hoops which are simply a ploy to get you invested with some of your time, then at the last minute, just before realizing your dream of getting "free" money, you'll be informed that there is a small (like a few thousand $$$) transfer fee that must be paid. Since their funds are all tied up in the "transfer account," you are asked to pay the fee. Kiss that money g'bye.

    Then there's the overused, but relevant adage: if it's too good to be true,...

    >Has anyone else received mail of this nature?  This is the second such
    mailing a particular individual has received, except it was from another
    person.  Could this be a hoax, money laundering, sincere or?  The other
    mailing that was sent similar to this suggested opening an account
    specifically for depositing of these monies. Heidi

                                         ASSANE CISSE

    Sent via the VEI Travel Mail system at mail.vei.net