Re: SSH & Telnet Exploits

From: Toby Kohlenberg (toby@private)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 12:20:27 PST

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2001, Jimmy Sadri wrote:

    > <Sarcasm>Sorry for shifting the focus back to security instead of
    > flame wars</Sarcasm>
    > but has anyone been seen attacks on their systems based on the new
    > sshd and telnet vulnerabilites that where published on securityfocus
    > a few weeks ago.  I'm wondering if people have seen examples of exploit
    > code especially for the SSH attack.  It seemed to apply to a great number
    > of versions of SSH.

    Having just looked at the summary page at incidents.org, there is a link
    to the other analysis I mentioned at the bottom:
    http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2001-11/0062.html

    That's all I know so far. If you look at the Handler's Diary for the last
    couple days there is lots of good data there.

    toby