RE: CRIME Kudos to Acting Police Chief Andrew Kirkland

From: BAIRD Dion E * DAS DOIT (Dion.E.Baird@private)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 12:49:49 PST

      Yeah, actually America is great.  I spent 12 years in the Army defending a
    constitution that gives liberalist whiners the right to their opinion, and
    the same with the uptight conservatives.  The deal is that everyone has the
    right to their opinion and you have the right not to like it.
      People in this country like to bitch about everything, but they don't
    really like to do anything about it.  What happened, happened.  Part of it
    is our fault as a country for getting comfortable and lazy.  We were lax on
    laws, we were lax on security, and we thought we were untouchable.  Now we
    know better.  So now, we're going to go to the complete opposite extreme and
    go overboard on security and take freedoms away that have been ours for 200+
    years?  Makes no sense to me, but I do have faith that eventually we will
    find a balance in there somewhere.
      This is my opinion and I respect to the death your right to agree or
    disagree with it, but it is because America is the greatest country on this
    planet that I have the right to have this opinion.  Thanks.

    Dion Baird