What *is* the charter for this list? -- RE: CRIME Kudos toActing Police Chief Andrew Kirkland

From: Edwin Quick (quickedw@private)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 11:58:30 PST

    I don't know if there is a charter, but below is the info from the website, which describes what I signed up on the list for.
    Especially note the "computer related" part of the purpose statement.
    I find that personal philosophies are interesting in the proper place and maybe most appropriately discussed in person as opposed to a listserv, but there isn't a LAW against it,......  yet ;)  .  Anyway, if we are expressing opinions on this list, here is mine.  If you are going to post, please identify yourself, research your question first, and please no shameless advertising of your business or site in the post.
    I have appreciated the content and the knowledgeable persons who have submitted good "computer related" content over the past few years.

    Thanks,
    Ed Quick

    C.R.I.M.E
    C.R.I.M.E (Computer Related Investigations Management & Education) is an Oregon working group, based in Portland, OR, dedicated to combining Law Enforcement, High-Tech Industry, and Academic resources.

    Purpose:

    Conduct high-tech training and foster networking among members in areas of computer-related investigations, security, and education.

    Training:

    Current issues and areas involving high-tech. Presentations have included forensics, cryptoanalysis, and telecommunications with emphasis on application and interface between Law Enforcement and the high-tech community.

    Networking:

    High-Tech industry, Law Enforcement, and Academia throughout Oregon and Western Washington.

    Meetings:

    The meetings are C.R.I.M.E.'s most effective means for meetings its purpose. Most meeting are attending by local, state and federal law enforcement, IT mangers, Univerisity representatives, security experts, and hackers (Crackers, Hostiles, script kiddes. etc.) The meetings are always fun and informatative, the group can question a speaker from many different points of view, and experiences. The Networking that goes on has help several active court case, landed jobs in hard to reach companies, and taught something new to just about everybody.

    >>> Marc Visnick <marc@private> 11/27/01 10:01AM >>>
    While I appreciate the sincerity & depth of dialogue that's been taking
    place in the context of this thread, it doesn't seem to have any bearing
    upon the raison d'etre of the CRIME list. Would the list moderator(s) be so
    kind as to post the charter of this list for all to see?

    Many thanks.

    Sincerely,

    Marc Visnick, Esq.
    marc@private