CRIME Virus Hits

From: Rob.Magee@ODE-EX1.ODE.STATE.OR.US
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 17:45:35 PST

    Here at ODE (Oregon Dept of Education), our NAV Exchange scanner stopped 18
    instances of BadTrans.b over the past two days as well as the ongoing 4-5
    daily hits of Magistr.39921 and the occasional KakWorm. We have yet to see
    Aliz, but I am sure that is just a matter of time, given the broad spectrum
    of systems/users we have to support.

    ObSecurity: I've received about three copies of that new virus (I forget
    the name) in the last 24 hours. No impact on me (Linux mail client) but
    one of our business guys got bit. Anyone else getting hammered?

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.