Re: CRIME Response to Crispin's E-mail about Worm

From: Wil Cooley (wcooley@private)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 19:17:15 PST

    Also Sprach T. Kenji Sugahara:
    > Crispin,
    >
    > Yep... I've been getting hammered.  Last count, I've received over 150
    > e-mails with the payload.  All of them have been the badtrans.
    > Unfortunately, I've tried to set up some rules that would 1st stick the
    > e-mail in the trash (done easily... Screen for .pif and .scr) and then
    > automatically e-mail the offending sender (not done easily).  Does anyone
    > know how to automatically strip the first character off of a reply address
    > automatically and then respond?

    Depends on what tools you're using.  |sed -e 's/^_//' should work.
    I think procmail/formail will let you extract just the 'From:'
    header's contents.

    Wil
    --
    W. Reilly Cooley                           wcooley@private
    irc.linux.com                             #orlug,#pdxlug,#lnxs

    The most costly of all follies is to believe passionately in the palpably
    not true.  It is the chief occupation of mankind.
    		-- H.L. Mencken