RE: CRIME [TOOL] PDD, Forensic Analysis for the PalmOS

From: Alok Aggarwal (aggarwaa@private)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 13:07:36 PST

    > incriminating information.  After dd'ing (copying) the Palm memory to a PC,
    > the investigating officer would have better decryption programs and more
    > processing power to break the encryption.  So encryption deemed strong
    > enough to protect data stored on a Palm device without compromise is now
    > obsolete.

    In addition to AES, the Palm device could also have an ECC implementation that
    would let you sign/verify data on the palm itself without requiring much
    compute power.

    If would like to know more about this, take a look at this paper presented at
    this year's ACISP:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:QoLBay1K0-w:www.ece.wpi.edu/research/crypt/publications/documents/weika_eccpalm.pdf+elliptic+curve+on+palm&hl=en

    [Sorry, couldn't find the pdf version.] Most of this is too mathematical
    (atleast for me), but the abstract/intro is good and the numbers are promising.

    -Alok