RE: Crispin on Badtrans.B, was: REMOVE FROM CRIME LIST

From: Rob.Magee@ODE-EX1.ODE.STATE.OR.US
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 14:49:15 PST

    You have lobotomized users too?

    I must say that we appreciate the incredible work that AV groups do. Even
    though ODE is using the MS solution, the worst problems we have encountered
    have been with Net Admins who do things like disabling the AV Services
    because of performance issues on both Exchange and Web Servers. That was
    done two days before the Love Bug hit us...

    The only virus that slipped by our AV protection was Nimda. We were hit with
    Nimda (via a few Web machines who had not been patched) shortly after it was
    first discovered. It was a matter of a few short hours before Symantec or
    McAfee had a solution in spite of the complexity of the problem. If my
    memory serves me correctly, McAfee had a solution a couple of hours before
    Symantec did... Kudos, Jimmy!