RE: CRIME FW: [Ccbig] 'Hi' Virus. Be Vigilant!

From: Steve Nichols (steven@private)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 11:30:59 PST

    We are an ISP as well.
    I tried to implement a filter very similar to Wil's. However, our users went
    ape shit.
    So I just filter our office traffic.
    You would not believe how many users add our accounts or help alias to their
    address book.
    We get hundreds of infected e-mail's daily.
    We send out a weekly usage report as well, and get a ton of "viri" via RE:

    I think it's safe to say that we have had over 500 calls in the last two
    weeks regarding virus's.
    It is AMAZING how many people install virus protection and say " you mean I
    have to update it?"
    " I got the virus?, But I have NAV, how is that possible?"
    " When was the last time you updated it?"
    " I have to update it?"

    AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

    Steve Nichols
    Internet Manager/Network And Systems Administrator

                       VALLEY INTERNET COMPANY
                    1709 NE 27th Street, Suite C
                      McMinnville, Oregon 97128
               503-565-5030 or 800-909-9078 (toll-free)
         "Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain..."
       PGP: www.viclink.com/~steven/steven.nichols.pgp.txt