Re: CRIME Your thoughts needed

From: Lucas Sheehan (kermit@private)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 11:52:08 PST

      I have had first hand experience with trying to take legal action
    against this sort of stuff and unless damages are extreme most local and
    federal authorities aren't going to be very helpful.  However tempting
    kicking his ass is that would land you in more trouble then his Dos
    attack would him. :-)
      I would say your best approach is to contact Verio if he does start an
    attack and it comes across one of their lines (guessing that since he
    has their address space he has one or more circuit through them) see if
    they can help you.  Most ISP have service agreements that state improper
    use of their lines, I would guess the DDos is a big one on the list.

    Lucas

    --
    Lucas Sheehan
    kermit@private