CRIME International Cybercrime / Law Enforcement Challenges

From: Dave Yee (dyee@private)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 23:33:11 PST

    All,

    I am assisting the American Bar Association - Privacy and Computer Crime
    Committee with a project regarding international cybercrime.

    Can anyone direct me to sources of information related to the law
    enforcement challenges raised by international cybercrime?

    Some examples of such challenges include:

    * The unprecedented cooperation required among law enforcement agencies
    within each state and in multiple jurisdictions;
    * Certain situations may call for expedited means of obtaining assistance;
    and
    * Law enforcement agencies may need to rely on the willingness and technical
    ability of foreign law enforcement.

    Thank you in advance for your suggestions. Please reply to me directly,
    rather than the listserv.

    Dave Yee
    Student, Willamette University College of Law
    Legal Intern, Intel Corporation
    dyee@private