Re: CRIME Perspective on Criticisms leveled at Microsoft

From: Alan (alan@private)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 14:06:02 PDT

    On Wednesday 10 April 2002 10:13 am, Seth Arnold wrote:

    > Of course, I'm scared to see the numbers once the the zlib problem is
    > factored in...

    I found the reporting on the zlib bug to be quite interesting.  It was spun to
    look like a Linux problem, when in fact *everybody* used that code.  (Linux,
    Sun, Microsoft, and just about every other company or group that needed
    compression in their application.)

    I expect that we will be digging out programs that use that library for at
    least another year.