CRIME

From: Steve Nichols (steven@private)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 10:02:06 PDT

    If this is not the correct board to post this to I apologize.
    We have a FreeBSD 4.3 server that keep rebooting.
    I am using $FreeBSD: src/etc/syslog.conf,v 1.13.2.2 2001/02/26 09:26:11
    phk Exp $

    I try and log the crash, but have had no success.
    I wrote a few ksh&perl scripts to do a ps ax every 30 seconds to see
    what is running and what is killing the server.
    I also have written a few scripts that output the server life and health
    (similar to healthd) to a webpage.

    There are no processes or daemons that are killing the server.

    Anyone know of an extended logging feature that I can use in conjunction
    with syslogd to log everything that is going on?

    The server runs
    DNS
    SENDMAIL
    QPOPPER
    RADIUS
    APACHE (both secure and non-secure)(http&https)
    SSH
    FTPD
    MRTG

    And a few custom cron jobs.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Steven Nichols
    Network and Systems Administrator
    Internet and NOC Manager

                       VALLEY INTERNET COMPANY
                    1709 NE 27th Street, Suite C
                      McMinnville, Oregon 97128
               503-565-5030 or 800-909-9078 (toll-free)
         "Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain..."
       PGP: www.viclink.com/~steven/steven.nichols.pgp.txt