Re: CRIME Nigerian Email Scam

From: Alan (alan@private)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 10:07:31 PDT

    On Monday 29 April 2002 12:28 am, Lyle Leavitt wrote:
    > According to the U.S. Secret Service web site at
    > http://www.secretservice.gov/alert419.shtml
    >
    > If you have received one of these letters then they would like to hear
    > from you.

    Then they are going to hear from about 99% of the net using community. It is
    hard to find anyone who has *not* gotten one of these.  (I get about 1-2 a
    day from various mailing lists and addresses.)

    As for the Klez virus and its varients, I have been seeing a number of those.
    It has dropped off in the last couple of days, but for a while I was seeing
    10-20 per day.  (I have also been getting questions from friends asking about
    klez e-mails that they were getting. They are on Macs, so it is not a big
    deal.)