Re: CRIME Nigerian Email Scam

From: Seth Arnold (sarnold@private)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 12:42:07 PDT

    On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 10:07:31AM -0700, Alan wrote:
    > Then they are going to hear from about 99% of the net using community.

    Alan, probably not, they only want to hear from you over _FAX_ if you
    didn't lose money. That means I won't be forwarding the dozen or so I
    got in the last two months. :) Of course, if you lost money on these
    things, they won't mind hearing from you over email. The question is,
    does "Lost Time and Effort" count towards "lost money"? Probably not.

    I just report it as normal spam to the sysadmins, and hope that some
    day, admins will close off all their open relays. *sigh*

    --
    http://immunix.org/