CRIME Assistance

From: Dorning, Kevin E - DI-2 (kedorning@private)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 15:05:32 PDT

    One of our employees damaged his laptop hard drive (Gee I don't know how
    that happened)
    He indicates that the data on the drive is pretty important.  Important
    enough to consider paying for recovery.

    Any PDX located recovery labs that any of you would recommend would be good.
    I would do this one using our encase system, but in this case the tell tale
    rattles from the inside of the drive indicate a need for more tender care
    that I can give.

    Lab suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    Kevin E. Dorning
    Cyber Security Program Manager
    Office of the CIO  DI-2