Re: CRIME Who is controling SPAM on our list?

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 22:51:59 PDT

    Jimmy S. wrote:

    >  I have received three spam emails recently directly from this list two of them
    >being Brazilian in origin I think.  I am hoping that this doesn't escalate.

    George has previously (correctly) pointed out that spam complaints
    exceed spam volume on this list. He therefore (incorrectly :) refuses to
    deploy spam fighting methods on the list until the problem gets worse.

    So if we want this situation to change, we need to discuss it less here,
    and instead entice more spamers to hit crime :)

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.
    Chief Scientist, WireX Communications, Inc. http://wirex.com/~crispin/