Re: CRIME Who is controling SPAM on our list?

From: Sarah Mocas (sarah@private)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 14:07:14 PDT

    Actually - are admins notified me on Tuesday that they are installing
    a spam filter.  Info below.

    This Friday, we will be installing "Spamassassin" on our mailhosts.
    This will be a conservative installation -- we'd rather let a few spams
    through than block any legitimate mail.

    Spamassassin is a mail filtering system intended to detect and flag
    spam.  This Friday, we'll just be flagging spam, but later (in a couple
    weeks) we'll configure it to drop mail which appears to be spam.
    Spamassassin includes functionality that will automatically "whitelist"
    frequent correspondents.

    While we're flagging spam, please report false positives (mail that
    is not spam, but which is falsely identified as such).  We will use
    this to help users adjust settings.

    Note: I'll report false positives.

    Sarah