Re: CRIME text layout

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 12:01:02 PDT

    Heidi Henry wrote:

    > Okay, someone, but not everyone, please tell me what made the text
    > change on the spam message I sent.  It was sent in blocked
    > paragraph format, not in a single line as it got posted.  Thanks, Heidi

    The basic problem here is that you are sending HTML ("rich text") e-mail
    to a public mailing list. Never do that. Send plain ASCII. HTML mail is
    for spammers and managers :)

    Your headers say you are using "MSN Explorer 7" to send mail.
    Unfortunately, I have no idea how to tell it to send plain text instead
    of HTML.

    cc'd to the list because Heidi is not the only one who sends HTML mail
    to crime. Folks, please don't do that: it bloats the traffic, not
    everyone has an HTML mail client, and it imposes some modest security risks.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.
    Chief Scientist, WireX Communications, Inc. http://wirex.com/~crispin/