Re: CRIME FW: Militants wire Web with links to jihad

From: Alan (alan@private)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 10:05:48 PDT

    I take this article with a large dumptruck of salt.

    The stegonography claim has been used before.  There have been a number
    of people who have tried to find such images using web crawlers and
    stego detection tools.

    No such images were ever found.

    The claim appears to have been made up for the purposes of getting more
    restrictions on stegographic technology.  (Especially now that the cDc
    has come out with an easy to use stego app.)

    I have yet to see any _credible_ evidence for these phantom Muslim
    hackers.  (Especially since the Taliban banned access to the net for
    anyone under its control.)

    They want real terror, not cyber-terror.

    These days, that terror is provided by USA Today, Ashcroft, and the
    daily "cry wolf" warnings from the Department of Homeland Security.

    They don't have to do anything but issue vague press releases. The rest
    of their work is being done for them by the people claiming to be your
    protectors.