RE: CRIME Virus/Worm Query

From: Kuo, Jimmy (Jimmy_Kuo@private)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 21:35:57 PDT

    >We were hit with over 26,000 hits of klez.h this weekend and seem to
    >be in the upswing of the virus pendulum occurrence bell curve.

    I have a graph showing Klez to peak on Sundays and Mondays.

    It peaks on Saturdays and Sundays for emails/million that are Klez infected.
    Then on Monday, when all those are queued at the "places that have larger
    address books" (corporates), you get a big uptick in count.  Then the count
    slowly diminishes during the week, till it's time to do it all over again.

    So, even though the numbers in my previous email shows the numbers dip on
    the weekend:

    8/20: 119282
    8/19: 117789
    Sun: 8/18: 95986
    Sat: 8/17: 95204
    8/16: 107675
    8/15: 119170
    8/14: 122068

    The "per million emails" number actually rises significantly.

    Jimmy