Re: CRIME How to stop this from happening.....

From: Tim Kramer (kramert@private)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 04:20:09 PDT

    Concerning the source of addresses for the Klez virus:
    My memory of the virus description caused me to go
    back and check it.  The description states the the
    virus gathers addresses from the address book AND
    from files on the user's hard drive (cached pages?).
    This means avoiding the use of Outlook's address
    book might not prevent your machine from being a
    vector.

    Things to do (in response):
    1) Attempt to backtrack the virus by reading the
    message header and contacting the appropriate admin.
    2) Educate your users.
    3) Keep your own anti-virus product up-to-date.

    R/ Tim