CRIME Vulnerabilities

From: J. Michael Cuciti (mcuciti@private)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 11:25:47 PDT

    All:

    In the past two months, Microsoft has come out with a number of security
    vulernability patches to fix a number of "critical" applications such as
    certificates (spoof or delete). My question, for all of you that know better
    than I, is how "critical" are these patches to apply and what will happen if
    we don't?

    My reason for asking is my particular activity requires technical staff to
    touch each desktop/laptop to administer these upgrades. Since Nimda, no "push"
    or "pull" technology has been put into place. Although, we are a small
    activity, less than 1500 desktops, manual application is consuming my limited
    staff.

    Thank in advance..

    J. Michael Cuciti
    WA State, Department of Health