Re: CRIME FW: [Cyber_threats] Daily News 09/23/02

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 14:04:33 PDT

    This appears to be a horrible miscarrige of justice. T0rn was
    (allegedly) arrested for writing a root kit. Not for launching or
    spreading a worm, not for attacking other people's systems, but just for
    writing some code.

    Keep conducting "security" this way, and most of the people capable of
    helping with the problem will go underground. Or perhaps it has already
    happened ...

    Caveat: what I know about T0rn I read in the Register article. There may
    be mitigating circumstances that make thsi rant irrelevant :)

    Crispin