RE: CRIME Computers vulnerable at Oregon department

From: Andrew Plato (aplato@private)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 20:53:58 PDT

    I think its political because people fear the loss of control. I've seen this a lot with my own customers. They are worried the security people, will wield too much power over them. And this isn't helped by security groups that seem to be consumed with "disassociating" themselves from the dirty work of securing servers, making firewall rules, setting up VPNs, etc.

    You mean computers aren't magic? Oh, great, there goes my entire career! :-)

    Andrew Plato, CISSP
    President / Principal Consultant
    Anitian Corporation

    (503) 644-5656 office