Re: CRIME Computers vulnerable at Oregon department

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 15:05:05 PDT

    Seth Arnold wrote:

    >On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 12:30:55AM -0700, T. Kenji Sugahara wrote:
    >

    >>Open Source is great but how about support?
    >>

    >Oh yes, as a humourous aside about Microsoft support:
    >http://www.pivx.com/larholm/unpatched/

    My favorite study on the quality of Microsoft support:
     http://www.bmug.org/news/articles/MSvsPF.html

    Seriously, my point about requiring custom software to be delivered to
    the state with source code and an open source license is precisely so
    that the state can choose to purchase support from anyone, not just the
    consultant that built it.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.
    Chief Scientist, WireX                      http://wirex.com/~crispin/