RE: CRIME Driveby DOS

From: Andrew Plato (aplato@private)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 18:11:10 PDT

    No disagreement from me, Kris. I agree completely that security is about
    mitigating risk - I've made that very argument here on the CRIME list
    before.

    However, the process of mitigating risk is a complex and difficult
    process. And all too often, people spend a lot of money and time on
    complex technologies and solutions completely missing obvious holes. One
    of the larger holes in most networks is the lack of protection measures
    at the end-points. VPN, encryption, and strong authentication measures
    are all good things to have, but without adequate end-point protection,
    they can be quickly rendered useless.

    Andrew Plato, CISSP
    President / Principal Consultant
    Anitian Corporation